Once you get to Phase 3, you will be eating all the foods listed. The following recipes are sample of food you can eat. Feel free to explore new recipes by referring to South Beach Diet foods list.
Breakfast – Tex Mex Style (South Beach Diet Menu)
- ½ grapefruit
- 2 scrambled eggs mixed with Monterey Jack cheese and salsa
- 1 slice of whole grain toast
- Decaffeinated coffee or tea, fat-free milk and sugar substitute, if desired
- 1 hard-boiled egg
Lunch – Roast Beef Wrap
- 1 ¼ cups reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (9” or 10”)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 spinach leaves
- 8 ounces roast beef, sliced
- Spread a small amount of cream cheese over the tortilla. Layer the spinach, onion, and roast beef, roll up, and fold. Serves 4.
- 4 ounces Dannon Light ‘n Fit yogurt
Dinner – Lemon Couscous Chicken (South Beach Diet Menu)
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 package Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous mix
- 1 ½ chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon peel
In a large skillet, bring water, oil, broccoli, and spice from couscous mix to a boil. Stir in couscous, cooked chicken, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Simmer until heated through and then remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Using a fork, fluff lightly, then chill and serve cold. Serves 4.
Dessert – Lemon Peel Ricotta Crème (South Beach Diet Menu)
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package sugar substitute
- Mix the ricotta cheese, lemon peel, vanilla extract, and sugar substitute. Serve chilled. Serves 1.